Albania ♥

Albania ♥

Monday, July 13, 2015

SHQIPERIA ♥♥♥



I honestly don't really know where to start with this week haha. So much happened!! Ahhhh
I guess Ill start with An.
An has been so ready for baptism for awhile now and just couldn't find a way to come to church but then with lots of prayer and fasting she finally found a way.  So we had her on another baptismal date for this week.  She was talking about how excited she was the whole week before and then on Tuesday I randomly got a text that said she wasn't being baptized anymore because her kids are Orthodox and they don't want their family to be separated. "I'm sorry, I'm really upset, but I'm going to have to cancel the baptism and take myself away from the church" she said. I was in shock and to be honest it broke my heart. Luckily when I got the text we were in District meeting so I could present the situation to everyone there and hear their feedback because at this point I didn't know what to do, I just knew I had to do something. I couldn't just let her leave. We tried calling her and she didn't answer so one of the Elders suggested that I call this member that had been in a lot of her lessons and see if she could talk to her.  So I did and the member was just about as upset as me. She knew how close and ready she was and she asked if I could try to get someone else to talk to her because she was too upset.  Later in the day I get another call from the member asking if we could all meet that night and have a lesson with An. I was kind of confused because she seemed like a totally different person on the phone. We of course changed our schedule around so that we could meet with her. When we walked up to them An came over to me and hugged me and started crying and saying sorry and I thought to myself "This is going to be an emotional lesson" I was already ready to cry right there on the street. When we found somewhere to meet, the member (Sister T) explained what had happened. She went on to explain that after I had called her she was really upset so she got on the bus to go home. A couple minutes later , guess who gets on the bus? An. She knew that was no coincidence. 100 % the hand of the Lord.  She changed her attitude and walked over to An. I'm not sure what exactly she said to her that changed her mind but I think it was somewhere along the lines of how her family wouldn't be separated, as a matter of fact they would be even closer than before and that Satan is just trying to get her not to be baptized. An wasn't sure why all of this happened so we explained to her that Satan works REALLY hard on those coming closer to Heavenly Father. He knew how strong An is and how ready she is.  He tried to break her down. We had a really good talk and she said "Okay, so I can still get baptized this week right?"   Wow. I don't know how to explain how happy I was. I just want to say again how aware Heavenly Father is of EACH and EVERY one of his children. I know that Heavenly Father made sure that An got on the same bus as Sister T.  God will win the battle against Satan EVERY TIME. An was baptized this past Saturday and received the Holy Ghost the next day and now is the happiest person I've ever seen. 
Another cool thing. We were coming home from a lesson one night this week and we saw the neighbor of one of the families we are teaching so we decided to walk over and talk to her for a little bit. When we sat down she asked us if we could come over and teach her because she wants to learn more and talk about Jesus Christ. She said "Ill meet you wherever I need to, whatever is good for you, I just want to meet" So we met with her the next day and had an AWESOME lesson on the Restoration. She had a lot of questions and listened intently the whole time. Her neighbor wanted to interrupt but she told him to listen because "this is important" she said. She didn't stop thanking us after the lesson and said she wanted us to come over again. It was great! Another witness that God places people in the right place at the right time and that he is aware of everyone. 
We have this other investigator Mar who is getting ready for baptism in a couple of weeks and she is progressing so well. We hadn't even taught Law of Chastity or modesty yet and she has been dressing better and told us that when she gets dressed she just feels happier and more comfortable when she is wearing modest clothes. We can see the light of Christ working within her already. I love watching people change. Not into different people, but into better people. I love love LOVE it. 
My companion Sister Bennett is doing so awesome! She is already getting better at the language and trying so hard to be the best missionary she can be. I love working with her. She is such a good example and never complains. She says "Okay, what are we doing now?" with a smile on her face and then we just go for it. I thought as a Trainer I would be pretty alone in all of this but she is awesome and always wants to help me. I'm so blessed. 
I don't know what else to say...  I'm just happy. I love missionary work. I love Tirana. I love the people here. I love the heat (some days) I love this Gospel. I love my Family. I love my Friends. I love my Heavenly Father. I hope you all have an amazing week. Zoti eshte I Madh. Keep smiling. Keep going.  Me dashuri - Your Motra 
 
"My cool companion.  LIVE as of RIGHT NOW.  It's too hot to get ready."


"Spidey wants to learn more about the Plan of Salvation."

"Grape vines EVERYWHERE.  So pretty."

"An's baptism.  Albanians don't like to smile haha"



"An's baptism program and a cool view of Tirana!"

 

No comments:

Post a Comment