Albania ♥

Albania ♥

Monday, August 3, 2015

 “Your Heavenly Father loves you—each of you. That love never changes, it is not influenced by your appearance, by your possessions, or by the amount of money you have in your bank account. It is not changed by your talents and abilities. It is simply there. It is there for you when you are sad or happy, discouraged or hopeful. God’s love is there for you whether or not you feel you deserve love. It is simply always there” - President Thomas S. Monson
I love this Quote and I love our Prophet. This week I was able to feel the love of my Heavenly Father very strongly for myself and for those around me like every week I am here in Albania. 
Sister Bennett and I had an experience at the beginning of the week which really struck us both pretty hard with the realization of the fact that God loves ALL of his children. We got a strange phone call from a number we didn't recognize, but the lady was very persistent in wanting to meet. A missionaries dream right?:) So we met with her. It wasn't long before meeting her and her companion when we realized we were with missionaries from another Faith. We didn't want confrontation, we didn't want to argue about who's church was better and who had the truth, but we could tell that that was their intention. Sister Bennett and I wanted to leave, but we knew we needed to be respectful in our actions. We listened respectfully and told them a little bit about what we believed but as the time went on I was starting to feel a very upset feeling, like nothing I had ever felt before.  I wanted to teach them about what we believed, and what I knew was true but it didn't feel right so I kept my mouth shut. We respectfully declined their invitation on learning more and left the situation. Sister Bennett and I were talking afterwards and she asked me if I felt as sick as she did. We decided to find a quiet place to say a prayer because we both were not feeling right. We knelt in prayer and as soon as I addressed my Heavenly Father the sick feeling went away. I felt an overwhelming feeling of peace and love especially for the other missionaries. I wanted to help them, I wanted to pray for them and as I did I felt so much love for them. It was unlike anything I had ever experienced before. Sister Bennett and I can both testify that it was the love of our Father in Heaven.
Our investigator Mar was baptized this Saturday a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints!:) YAY!  The changes she has made in her life are testimony to me. She is so happy and she truly has the light of Christ in her eyes. After her baptism I never caught her not smiling. Then in the morning when she received the Holy Ghost there was a glow about her. This Gospel truly CHANGES lives. I testify that this is the true Church of Jesus Christ. The only true church on the Earth.   I know that to do the Lords will is IMPOSSIBLE without his help.  I have a testimony of the importance of personal study and receiving personal revelation. There was a day when Sister Bennett and I had to leave early in the morning during our personal study to go to the church. After that we had a lesson and so we were not able to have personal study until later in our day and I felt SO OFF!  I knew exactly why, it was because I hadn't read my scriptures. I hadn't studied. I'm so lucky we have a specific time set aside to learn more about this Gospel. I'm so lucky to be apart of this Church. I'm so lucky that I get to share this Gospel with those around me. There really is no greater happiness. I don't know how to express the love I have for my Savior and my Father in Heaven. I'm so grateful that his love is always there for me no matter what. When I'm happy, discouraged, hopeful, when I don't feel like I deserve his love, its so relieving to know that it's still always there and always will be.
"Selfie time"


"Relief Society Activity"


"Mar's Baptism! ♥"

"Sister Bennett and I were a little excited :)"


"I LOVE this girl.  One of the sweetest, most humble people I have ever met♥"

"Here are some pictures of the inside of our church:)"



"Random.  Jona and I and a selfie in the baptismal mirror. WOOOO"





"I just love and enjoy all these girls!"




"Jona and I being cute and stuff and then Bishop comes up and makes
fun of us.  Good thing I got it on camera! :) haha I love this ward!"


"ATTACK OF THE LADYBUGSSSSSSSSS" Oh my... haha

"This bowl has my new favorite snack in it.  Peaches, bananas, yogurt and oats.  IM ADDICTED.
The second picture? I don't know..the HEAT here is getting to me"


"Comp pic"

"Funny story with this one. haha  President Weidmann came to our house to do cleaning checks.  He
walks in to our bathroom and goes "How convenient, you can pee and shower at the same time" hahaha"

"Oh ya and I woke up one morning and half of my face was swollen.  I looked Chinese on
one side of my face...I think I'm allergic to peanuts"
 

No comments:

Post a Comment