Albania ♥

Albania ♥

Monday, December 7, 2015

We do believe ♥

There is so much to say about this week. We had so many awesome things happen and we met so many amazing people. 

Ill start with Fi. Earlier this week we were out street contacting one night and I stopped this girl who didn't seem super interested at first. As we talked and I treated her like she was my friend, she opened up to me right on the street and started telling me about her life and the struggles she is having.  I promised her that our message would help her to feel better and I invited her into the church for a lesson and she accepted. As we started our lesson with a prayer, I felt strongly that I was the one who needed to say it.  I did my best to follow the Spirit to help me know what to say. I didn't know too much about this girl I had met 5 minutes ago but I know that Heavenly Father knows her perfectly and knew what she needed to hear. As I looked up from the prayer I saw that her eyes were filled with tears and she said "Your prayer was just to beautiful, I'm sorry I'm crying" I don't remember much of anything that I said that night, but I know that the prayer wasn't for me, it was for her.

A couple days later we met with a girl named Lav. She was super sweet and excited to learn about our church the second we met her. As we walked into the church and sat down she said she just had the most peaceful feeling in her heart the second she walked into the Church building. We explained that that was the Spirit testifying to her that she was in the right place. As we continued the lesson the smile she had the second she stepped into the building continued to stay there because it was the first day she got to learn about her Savior. 

We were able to find a family out in this little village this week. Our Mission President encouraged us to "get out of our bubble" and so we branched out... pretty far out and what do you know.. we walked up to this man working outside in his field and told him that we wanted to share a special message about our Savior and he let us right in. We met with him and his adorable wife and we showed them the new "A Savior is Born" video (ill include the link below. If you haven't seen it already, check it out) and they loved it. They talked about the faith that they have in their Heavenly Father and they already recognize the blessings he has given them. 

Then last night we went tracting with the same video and we met these three college girls who let us right in. The cool thing is that they were all Muslim and we asked them if they knew why we celebrate Christmas and they said that they knew it was to celebrate Christs Birth. Although none of them had ever celebrated Christmas before, they said they love this time of year because everyone is just so much happier and you can literally feel all the love around.  I've always known the real reason we celebrate Christmas and why we feel so happy around this time, but It's so cool to hear that people not raised in the Church or people of other faiths can still feel that this time of year is so special. 

As you can read, we had a lot of first lessons this week which was AWESOME. First lessons are always kind of tricky and sometimes awkward, but I love them because it's the first contact they have with the church.  The first time you get to see them pray to their Heavenly Father,and the first time you get to see them make the first step to coming closer to changing their life forever.  It's such a special thing.  I love being here and I still can say that I am the happiest I have ever been. I'm so grateful also, that I get to be a missionary at this time of year and I know I'm going to remember this Christmas season the rest of my life.
I LOVE MY LIFE!! 
ju dua shume.

"The cookie I made specially for Sister Olsen.  Sign me up
for Cookie Wars on Food network!"


"Branch CHRISTMAS Activity!! Weee"




"We let the kids decorate the tree and they did a great job!!  I especially love
the GIANT wreath put front and center! hahahaha!"

"This is my buddy R.  He enjoys spider man and drawing on his face...
hahahaha!"







No comments:

Post a Comment