Albania ♥

Albania ♥

Wednesday, April 6, 2016

ELBASAN

It is so amazing here in Elbasan, I can't even tell you :) this week was amazing and Heavenly Father is blessing my life and those I love and I couldn't be happier.  Elbasan is beautiful and the people are just as amazing.  SUPER FRIENDLY and open.  I was able to meet a lot of the members this week and they are so strong with so much faitih.  The youth here is supere strong and are always wanting to help us with lessons.  They always ask us and their testimonies in the lessons are a huge help to us.  My companion Sister Cajupi is hilarious and sweet and an amazing missionary.  I'm just really excited for the experiences this month and a half has in store.
     As for the experiences I have already had here... We have been directed a lot by the Spirit and there was actually a really cool experience that we had the other day. Sister Cajupi and I prayed for direction one day and right after, she had a feeling to go see this lady that the last sisters had taught.  As we were walking up the stairs to knock on her door we were walking behind this other lady.   She turned around and said hello to us and said 'Oh you were at my house a couple weeks ago and pointed to me' (thinking i was Sister White the last sister here I guess because i had my glassses on) I'm not sure how she thought we looked alike because she has blonde curly hair and blue eyes but we kind of just went with it.  She invited us over for a lesson the next day.  Thinking back on it as we walked away we were amazed that it had worked out the way it did.  I never wear my glasses but i happened to be wearing them that day so she 'recognized' me and stopped to talk. God works in mysterious ways I'm telling you.
     We also have this awesome friend named Gena.  The sisters had met with her one time before and discovered that she didn't have much knowledge or faith in Jesus Christ. So that is what we dedicated the lesson to and I wish you could have seen her face. When we testified of the Savior and testified that he is resurrected and  lives today she exclaimed 'HE LIVES?' and was so excited to hear more about him.  The happiness that we could see on her face when she learned more about her Savior was priceless and unlike anything I had seen before. She decided she wants to be baptized this month and really just has such a strong desire to learn more.  
     We were blessed to be able to watch a little bit of General Conference translated.  We only saw two sessions but what I heard strengthened my testimony even more of a latter-day prophet and apostles.  I had many questions going into the session and every single one of them was answered in detail.  I am so grateful that the speakers had listened to the Spirit in preparing their talks so that we could all hear what Heavenly Father needed us to hear. I cant wait to listen to the rest. I know that Thomas S. Monson is called of God and that this is the only true church on the Earth.  The only way to salvation and eternal life and I am blessed to have the testimony I have today. I'm also forever grateful for the opportunity I have to share it with others. Now and Forever. 



A new friend on Facebook sent these pictures to me!!
I love receiving these special gifts from across the world!


No comments:

Post a Comment