Albania ♥

Albania ♥

Monday, April 11, 2016

JUST HAVE FAITH

"For behold, I am God; and I am a God of miracles; and I will show unto the world that I am the same yesterday, today, and forever; and I work not among the children of men save it be according to their faith." 2 Nephi 27:23


     This scripture was read this last week and I think it has become one of my new favorites.  It basically wraps my week up in a scripture. 
     This week we were able to travel to Tirana for our Mission Leader Conference. It was AMAZING and I feel super grateful that I was able to experience this in my last month. There was  a lot discussed and the Spirit filled the room from the beginning. President Weidmann announced some new changes in our mission and we were super excited for what it means for our mission and super excited to share it with everyone the next day in our zone trainings. It was going to be my first training I have done on my mission as a Sister Training Leader so I wanted it to be perfect. Sister Cajupi and I had decided that our new motto for the rest of this transfer (and the rest of our lives) is going to be "Just have Faith" We were thinking a lot about what it means to have faith and we decided that we wanted it to guide our training.. We had not very much time to plan and the next day to give our training, but once the Spirit was invited, it did the leading In all of the planning. 
     I know I have been a missionary for about a year and a half now, but public speaking is still not my most favorite thing but I did my best to remember our new motto "just have faith". When we got up the words just started flowing. We soon realized and gained a stronger testimony of the fact that God does not call the qualified. He qualifies whom he calls. Half of the things that were said were not planned that way but my favorite lessons have been the ones that don't go the way you think because then you know for sure that it was all lead by the Spirit. We were worried about our training not being long enough, but it ended up being way longer than we had planned because we got so caught up in the excitement of it all. I loved every minute of it. I love when I can feel the Spirit working through me and I've learned more about how to recognize the spirit on my mission. 
     We started right away with the new changes in our mission, one of them being a huge focus on Referrals from members and those we work with (aka EVERYONE) . We were excited and the first lesson we had back in Elbasan we asked for a referral (a number or name of someone who is ready to hear the Gospel.) from our Recent Convert and she said "Okay" and gave us her sisters number right away. We called her right then with her right there because we didn't want to wait. She didn't answer but called us back soon after and we scheduled a lesson for the next day. She came happy and willingly ready for a lesson and after the lesson we invited her to be baptized and she said yes just like that. I know that it was a huge hand of the Lord moment and he blessed us for following the counsel that our mission president who received revelation from HIM. 
     Elbasan is amazing. Really. and there is so much work to be done and so many people that are just ready and prepared. I feel so blessed and lucky to be here especially right now. The biggest lesson I learned this week is that we just need to have faith. Have faith in his plan. Have faith that he will tell us what to do and faith that he will help us perform miracles. I know that he is a God of miracles. 

"My new compy Sister Cajupi :)

"My new friend Sidorela.  She is the sweetest little thing ever!
Love her already ♥"

"On my last planner so I thought I would take a pic of all of them.
Many memories in these babies."

"Me and Gomar"


"Elbasan!!!  YAY!"


"Some Albanian wildlife hahaha"


"I LOVE YOUNG WOMENS!!"


"Happy birthday Sofia :)))"


"We had a little bit of a rainy day hahaha SOAKED!"



"When you only have a month left...this is what your companion does.
She went in the other room looking for a Restoration Pamphlet for a lesson and said
"Sister Cheshire..I found something for you"  the jokes never stop haha"

"Stay off the road folks..she's back at the wheel."


"The Hydricks are basically my favorite people..ever."

"They dressed me up because I wasn't gangster enough I guess.  haha"


"Beautiful ELBASAN"


"My beloved companion haha"


"I'm sorry...it's just so pretty."


No comments:

Post a Comment