Albania ♥

Albania ♥

Monday, May 9, 2016

me shume dashuri / Goodbye

This day came a lot faster than I thought or wanted it to but I'm so grateful for the opportunity that I had to serve a mission.  Especially here in the Adriatic South. This mission was for me and I haven't doubted it since the first day I got my call.  I was thinking about what I wanted to say and how I could summarize all the lessons I have learned on my mission. I have come to the conclusion that its impossible. There is no way to describe all the things I have felt and the experiences I have had in one email, but I can say that they have changed me.  With the end point in view I realize that I still have a really long way to go but when I look back at where I started and how much I have learned, I realize that Heavenly Father has blessed me more than I can even begin to put into words. 
     Every returned missionary says that their mission was amazing, that they learned a lot, and that it was very hard but worth it. Before I came on my mission I thought I understood this and what it would mean to be a missionary, but it is so much more than I could have ever imagined it to be. It was amazing, i DID learn a lot, it was so hard, and it was so much much more than worth it.  I know now who I am and who I want to be.. I have seen miracles happen right here in front of me. I have felt my Heavenly Fathers love more than any other time in my whole entire life.  I have learned to recognize the Spirit in my life and how it speaks to me.  I have been humbled beyond belief realizing how much more is out there in this world and how much more we have to do.
     The people. I don't even know where to start. The people here have changed my life. I have now, forever friends that I will never ever ever forget. When people ask me what I will miss most, along with just being a missionary and everything it entails,  it is this. The people are AMAZING. They are humble, honest, and the most loving people I have ever met. I can't even think about what my life would be like if I wouldn't have met them. They have been there for me through it all.  Loved me unconditionally and kept me going. Teaching them, laughing with them, and loving them has been one of my greatest blessings.  They treat me like I have and always will be a part of their family and they will always always have a special place in my heart. 
    I know with all of my heart that Heavenly Father has a plan for each and every one of us. He loves us more than we can begin to comprehend.  I know and have felt his love and the comfort he gives me. He is real and He hears us. He is there for us in the the good, the bad and the ups and the downs. My thoughts can be summarized in Doctrine and Covenants 88:41 "He comprehendeth all things, and all things are before him, and all things are round about him; and he is above all things, and in all things, and is through all things, and is round about all things; and all things are by him, and of him, even God, forever and ever." 
     I will forever be grateful to my Heavenly Father for my mission and for calling me here because my life is changed. I know that Heavenly father works according to our faith, that he just wants us to ask him for help and humble ourselves before him. I know that Heavenly Father gives us weaknesses so that He can strengthen us and I know that everything that happens in our life happens for a reason. I know that there is life after this and that we can be happy and live forever with our families. I know that the Gospel can change anyone and there is always more to learn. I know that we are placed in peoples lives for a reason and that God works through others to change our lives. I know that there is something good in everyone and everyone has a heart and feels pain and happiness. God knows that we aren't perfect but that's why he gives us experiences to change us and help us grow. We cant be perfect in a day, but we can be better than before.
     I'm grateful to all the people I served around this past year and half and for all the things they have taught me. I am thankful for my companions for putting up with me, teaching with me, and strengthening me. I am thankful to the members in Albania and Kosovo for loving me unconditionally and taking care of me and teaching me.  I am thankful for President Weidmann and all the things I have learned from him. I'm thankful for his testimony which has strengthened mine and the the love that he has for all of his missionaries. I'm thankful for my family who has continued to be there for me from across the world. I'm thankful for their patience with me and for their love and examples. I'm thankful for my friends and their prayers and support. I'm especially grateful for my brother Jesus Christ who has been there for me throughout this whole adventure. I'm thankful for his sacrifice for my sins so that I can try again and again to be better. I'm thankful that no matter what happens he knows what I feel and what I am going through.  

I am just thankful for everyone and everything I have learned. Its been the best year and a half I could  have ever imagined. I love you all. See you soon. And for those of you that are still here...God be with you till we meet again. 

"Lots of goodbyes this week...prepare yourself.
Bye bye Elder Mero."

"Elder Medvecsky (My MTC brother)

"My beautiful companions.  Love them with ALL my heart♥"

"Paola...my best friend.  goodbyes are hard."

"My cute Xibraku sisters. (Ignore my shirt)"

"Sonila. (Sidorela's twin sister) sweetest girls ever.  LOVE YOU"



"Back to Krast one last time.  So beautiful."


"Going to miss this."


"♥♥♥"

"Xhoni boy."



"My forever friends."

"Sidorela.  The sweetest, smallest person I know.
My last Sunday here was the most beautiful/most
bittersweet thing of my life."

"These girls have some of the strongest
testimonies I've heard.  Thank you for
everything.  Love you."

"Bajame.  My teaser."


"Going to miss you so much.  Thank you
for changing my life."


"Julio"

"My daughter.  Boy was I lucky getting to serve with her twice.
She. Is. Amazing."

"My girls. My heart. ♥"

"Xhoni.  Funniest kid ever."

No comments:

Post a Comment