Albania ♥

Albania ♥

Monday, November 16, 2015

"Who can Glory too much in the Lord?"

Before Sister Fuller left, she shared a scripture with me in D&C 88:68 which says "Therefore, sanctify yourselves that your minds become single to God, and the days will come that you shall see him, for he will unveil his face unto you, and it shall be in his own time, and in his own way, and according to his own will."  
I have read this scripture over and over again thinking about what it means. The last little bit really sticks out to me and sinks right into my heart. "His own time, His own way, and according to his own will."   
There has been a lot of times where I have personally tried to go against the will of God. I think it's the human in all of us that wants what we want, when we want it.  I'm learning slowly but surely that we do NOT receive what we want when we want it if its against the will of God. We can try with all of our might for something but it is not going to happen with out his permission.  I think it is so amazing though, because if I'm going to trust anyone to guide me through this life and tell me what to do, it is going to be my Heavenly Father. 
I've felt His love SO strongly this week as I have read the scriptures and gained a greater witness of their truth. I KNOW that they are the word of God and that they were written by actual prophets in the ancient times that sacrificed their lives and gave all they had to the Lord and this Gospel.   The way I feel when I read the scriptures and the stories inside, I know that there is no way that they could just be made up. The testimonies inside are not just made up, because I can feel the Spirit so strongly as if they were right there bearing their testimonies to me. 
I just wanted to bear testimony of their truth and the love I have for them.:)
This week was really good! Heavenly Father answered my prayers so many times in ways I didn't expect. For example, I was fasting this week for my investigators to come to church. We invited them all and called them multiple times, but then it was in their hands and in Heavenly Fathers. I was SURE that at least one of them was going to show up. Right before sacrament, one of our less actives showed up and I was just as excited that she was able to come and I know that Heavenly Father had heard me. Maybe it wasn't the blessing I had planned on but I know that when Heavenly Father promises us blessings, He will give them to us because He has so many times for me before. 
Also, we were able to get two of our investigators on a baptismal date for the beginning of next month. They still have a lot to learn, but I'm glad that the Spirit softened their hearts enough for them to be open to being baptized. That's the first step.:) 
That is just a few of the many ways I saw the Lords hand in my work this week. 

I can testify that he loves each and every one of us so much. 

I love you, I'm praying for you. have a great week. 
until next time- Your Motra

"This was our cute birthday set up for Elder Eddings when he came to Prishtina
on his birthday.  Hahaha leave it to the Elders :)"



"Some delicious dessert that our investigator made us and her cute slippers! hahaha
Whenever you go into someones home, you take off your shoes and they always give you their slippers to wear.  It used to be really weird for  me...but now I am used to it :)"


"One of my new favorites..."

"PDAY at Newborn mall :) "B" for the BEST District Ever?? ;)"



"I love Kosovo ♥"


"Elder Muncy or Bill Clinton?"

"Car ride back to Prishtina after picking up our new comps ;)"

"Elders being Elders haha"


No comments:

Post a Comment