Albania ♥

Albania ♥

Wednesday, March 9, 2016

"WHO ARE YOU?"

"As the Heavens are higher than the earth, Gods work in your life is bigger than the story you'd like that life to tell"

     This week was eventful in the life of Sister Cheshire. My companion/best friend Sister Lakaj received her visa and tomorrow will be flying to Salt Lake City. Then she is off to the MTC for three weeks and after that she is back in the field. For anyone living in the Layton, Farmington, Kaysville, Bountiful, Centerville, or Salt Lake City area, look for a Sister Lakaj. She is cute, blonde, short, and Albanian. If you find her, take good care of her please because I love her with all my heart. 
     Yes, you probably guessed it. I have a new companion now.  Her name is Sister Henderson. She is FANTASTIC and I am so excited to be working with her in Prishtina for a little while. The people are going to love her! 
     Along with the crazy transfer, we had a zone training in Macedonia this week. During the training given by the Sister Training Leaders, they wrote a question on the board similar to the question the Cheshire Cat asks Alice in Alice in Wonderland. "WHO ARE YOU?"   It seems like an easy question, but it took me a bit to think of my answer.  That question was followed by another question. "WHO DO YOU WANT TO BE?" Now that one was easy to answer.  I had a whole list of things. I soon realized that I am not there yet, but like I recently heard in a talk given by Jack R. Christianson called "The Mortal Christ" he explains that you cant force anything spiritual and you aren't going to be where you want to be in an instant, but you just have to let it happen by doing the right things and doing your best.
     There are a lot of things that hold us back from being who we want to be, but with the Atonement, it is never too late to be that person.   The sooner we start trying, the happier we will be.  God shows us our weaknesses so that we can be made humble and turn to him so that He can work miracles within us and mold us into the divine sons and daughters of god that we were destined to be.
     My friend here in Prishtina is beginning to realize and understand the love God has for her and the power he has to help her overcome her trials.  As she realizes the blessings in her life and how far she has come (and not how far she has to go) she has been able to overcome some of the greatest trials in her life. She told Sister Lakaj and I that in the beginning, she never would have thought it was possible, but now she is seeing with her own eyes, that everything is possible with his help.
     The real answer to the question that the Sisters asked us is found in 3 Nephi 5:13 in the Book of Mormon.
"Behold I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God.  I have been called of Him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life"
There is nobody else I would rather be. "When we know who we are, we can help others learn their divine purpose"

"Our cute Teli family...saying goodbye to Sister Lakaj :("

"President Teli and his cute kids that I ADORE!"




"A new Mexican restaurant opened here in Kosovo so we went with my
awesome district.  At least Sister Lakaj and Elder Ingrem are happy to
be there haha"


"Beautiful scenery on the way to Macedonia ♥ heavenly.."

"My girl and I on the way to conference..
and the church in Macedonia. (featuring the Elders)"


"My companion got her Visa and is off to the US.  Mixed emotions.
Happy for her, sad for me...GOING TO MISS THIS GIRL..te dua ♥"


"Elders...the picture says it all haha"


"Photo bombing Elders"

"Black and white best friend pics with Sister Fuller hahaha"


"The sun never sets on the cool"

"Old xhaxhi shepherd tending to his goats."


"Gramije park ♥"


"My awesome friend Fatime ♥ BFFs"


"She's cute"

"My buddy Diartiii!"


"We had a yelling contest hahaha...He won"


"These kids are FULL of energy, but oh how I love em"

"Awkward phot cuz we didnt want to say goodbye... Sisters forever."

"Stake conference was in Durres so we let the members take a quick walk on the beach
before the long ride back to Kosovo."



"My new companion Motra Henderson ♥"

"Heaven on Earth"




"Just a couple more...I promised you more pictures this week so careful
what you wish for ;)"







"I got to see my cute Sister Bennett"

No comments:

Post a Comment