Albania ♥

Albania ♥

Monday, February 29, 2016

Called to Serve Him Heavenly King of Glory


"And behold, when I see many of my brethren truly penitent, and coming to the Lord their God, then is my soul filled with joy; then do I remember what the Lord has done for me, yea, even that he hath heard my prayer; yea, then do I remember his merciful arm which is extended towards me" Alma 29:10

    This scripture never really stood out to me like it has lately.  Just goes to show the power of the scriptures and the knowledge and power of God in showing us the things we need at the right time.
    My soul really is filled with joy when I get to serve and teach the people here. We recently had a lesson with one of our friends where we were explaining the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the happiness and change it can bring into our lives and she said to us "Really though, there is something different about you missionaries. I can see the happiness in you, but its a different kind of happiness. Its more.... REAL. Other people can say they are happy and put on a smile, but when you say you are happy, I believe you because i can see it not just in your smile, but in your eyes too that you really, truly, do have happiness"  I was able to testify of the truth in the words she said. I reflected back on my life (yes, all 20 years of it haha) and what I thought to be happiness, but I realize now that the only times I really felt REAL happiness was when I was living the Gospel and doing what I should.  I was excited to share with her the news that she could feel that happiness too and I could hear the longing in her voice when she said to me "I hope so."  I have a strong desire to help her get to that point.  Hope is where it starts, and then with action comes the happiness and stronger faith.
    With lots of prayer and action, Heavenly Father helped us to recover one of our investigators. We hadn't talked to her in a couple of weeks because she told us she would let us know when she was ready to learn again, but we continued to pray everyday and fast because we just weren't ready to let her go.  We had a feeling to call her a couple nights ago and to our excitement, she answered and we were then able to meet up with her and find out that she was just going through a crazy time in her life.  She had still been praying and reading the scriptures through it all and still has a desire to learn and be baptized eventually. I'm thankful for the promptings of the spirit and that Heavenly Father answers every prayer. Big or small, it's always in his timing though. A lesson that I am learning. 


"I guess it is your lucky day...I just received these pictures that
were snapped with me and my Nene Shehu when I was in Tirana this
week.  She just about kissed my cheeks off when she saw me.
SHE HAS MY ♥"


No comments:

Post a Comment