Albania ♥

Albania ♥

Monday, April 13, 2015

Thank you for your prayers... I really felt them this week and I received a lot of strength and success because of them so thank you...really. Im so grateful to have such amazing people that care about my
happiness<3

PRA... I just want to say that if you try your hardest you will see success and you will receive blessings. It may not be in the way you expect or want, but you WILL receive them.  An example... we got a referral from our Elders this week and called her right away to meet with her. On the phone she sounded pretty interested and wanted to meet the next day.  We met up with her and were able to have an AWESOME lesson on the restoration.  The whole lesson she was super excited and receptive and talked about a couple spiritual experiences she has had in her life and how she has been to a couple other churches but she just didnt feel right. The Spirit was so strong as we testified of Christ, Joseph Smith, the Book of Mormon, and the truthfulness of this church. At the end of the lesson we invited her to be baptized and she said "Yes I want to and I want my whole family to also. This would be really good for all of us" She also said that she wanted to thank the Elder who talked to her on the street and gave her number to us because this is exactly what she has been looking for.

We had another cool experience with another investigator who is so close to baptism but has just a few things holding her back, She gets closer and closer every time we meet and we just want to help her the best we can, but all we can do is invite and testify. We invited her to conference this weekend (We had it a week later because we had to wait for it to be translated to Albanian) and she showed up for two sessions and in the Sunday afternoon session i knew that the leaders of the Church said exactly what she needed to hear.  I know that they receive revelation from God and God is fully aware of what each of His children need to hear. Afterwards she turns to me and said "That last
talk was exactly what you have been teaching and talking to me about"  She said she loved the talks also and shes been praying for strength to get over the things holding her back because she wants to be baptized.

This week we also continued to invite people to see the "Sepse Ai Jeton" (Because He lives video) We did a group contacting activity this week but we did it separately from our companions (yes that means alone) Contacting is probably the thing that is the  hardest for me to do.  For those of you who know me, know that I am kind of shy when it comes to talking to random strangers on the street or anything else. Then you add on the fact that I am not fluent in the language yet and you get a pretty nervous Sister Cheshire but as we did this activity I felt strength from Heavenly Father.  Although it appeared and seemed as though I was alone... I wasn't.  I had my brother Jesus Christ as my companion.  He knows it was uncomfortable for me, but he also knew I wanted to try and as I did I actually was able to understand everything that people were saying to me and I was able to communicate and it was probably the most successful contacting I have ever done.  I received a lot of numbers from people who actually seemed super interested and tonight we are meeting with one of the ladies and i'm super excited about it.  I do know that it wasnt my strength that got me through it. I owe it all to my Heavenly Father.

Although my week was awesome and I witnessed a TON of miracles and blessings, missionary work is not always the easiest thing.  Yesterday one of our investigators that has been taking the lessons for a long time sent us a text and said "I dont want to meet anymore unless its just to catch up on life. I think it would be useless to talk about the Book of Mormon anymore because I know its not true. Im sorry because I know this is what you believe, but its not true" That was really hard for me to see and it made me  wonder if I did enough or if Im a good enough teacher.  After talking to one of the senior missionaries he reminded me that people still have their agency after you do all that you can, its up to them to make the final decision.

My testimony grows stronger and stronger with every lesson that I have with the people of Albania, whether they except the message or deny it, I still feel the spirit as I testify of my brother and Savior
Jesus Christ. THAT is why I am on a mission.  My mission is not perfect, but its worth it and I will never ever regret this decision I made. I love you all, I hope you all look for and feel Heavenly Fathers love everyday of your lives.  He's there. He's waiting. With open arms to
comfort you. Me dashuri - your Motra Cesher

"This is the Beleshi family :) The Bishop! THEY ARE SO AWESOME!"

No comments:

Post a Comment