Albania ♥

Albania ♥

Monday, April 20, 2015

This week was amazing:) A lot of awesome things happened and I'm so glad to be a missionary. It is so much fun! haha
 
This week Sister White and I had A LOT of success. We reached a lot of our weekly goals and were blessed with a lot of great lessons with a lot of great people.  Five of whom are on baptismal dates so we are super excited to watch them continue to progress and make that sacred covenant with our Heavenly Father. Some big things are happening in Tirana 4th Ward and I love it:)
 
An awesome perk about serving in Tirana (Albania's capital and where Mission home is located)  is that you get in on all the cool things going on and you get to do cool things because were so close:) This week the assistants called us and asked if we could go to Durres and help out with the Albanians that are preparing to serve missions, take them out street contacting, to lessons and fun stuff like that!  So of course we were super excited for it!  When we went, there were only a few of them that speak English and I was kind of nervous to get someone who didn't because I didn't think i would
be able to speak to them completely.  But I ended up getting two that didn't speak hardly any English and it turned out to be super awesome!  We had conversations and we taught lessons and we talked to people on the street in Albanian and it was super awesome:) The girls that were with me were sharing their conversion stories and why they want to go on missions.   I was getting pretty emotional because it made me reflect back on the awesome thing I'm doing here in Albania. I'll be honest..
sometimes I forget how lucky I really am and how big of an impact I can have on someones life here in Albania, but hearing these sisters talk about the missionaries that found them and how grateful they are for the Gospel was amazing to me and it touched my heart. That was super special for me.
 
We also had a cool lesson last night with a potential investigator.  The lesson was going pretty good but she was asking some pretty difficult questions and she was really intimidating.. Towards the end
of our lesson I knew/felt that we needed to invite her to be baptized, but I was kind of scared because she got kind of defensive in a few parts of our lesson. I didn't know what she would say and I
started to make excuses in my head for reasons we shouldn't ask in the first lesson but I felt really strongly that we needed to. I kind of lead into it and looked at Sister White... she didn't say anything
and it was silent for a few seconds and then i asked her if she wants to be baptized and she said
"ya... i do" it was so awesome! I know Satan was trying to make me scared and doubt myself because he knew how important it was for me to ask her!
 
Those were just a few of the wonderful things that happened this week! I love you all, I hope you all have an amazing week. Me dashuri - your Motra
 
"Sister White and I found a stray puppy and we couldn't resist...
Don't worry we washed our hands right after :)"

"A member gave us some parmesan cheese from Parmesan Italy. 
THE REAL STUFF!"


"We got to go to Durres this week and go on splits with the Albanian members
preparing to  serve missions.  It was so fun and the church is so beautiful there
too.  It looks a lot like the one in Elbasan :)"

"Motra White and I ♥"

"Went a little crazy with the lips momma sent me haha"

"Got to ride the gondola up to this really pretty mountain today for Pday:)"


"I think Albania is beautiful!"




"Riding the gondola with some of my peeps ;)"




"Some mirror selfies...because you can't go without those ;)"

"Companion photo shoot ;)"
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment