Albania ♥

Albania ♥

Monday, May 11, 2015

"Perhaps the teacher you and I remember best is the one who influenced us most. She may not have used a chalkboard nor possessed a college degree, but her lessons were everlasting and her concern genuine. Yes, I speak of Mother" -Thomas S. Monson.

I just wanted to start off by expressing my gratitude for my Momma. I know that I would not be where I am today if it were not for her. I've never doubted her love for me and she has taught me some of the most meaningful lessons in life. She really is my best friend and one of
the most caring people I've ever met. She has never left my side before and I know she never
will. She gives me strength and the faith to do hard things.
"Father, behold our God is with us, and he will not suffer that we should fall... we do not doubt our mothers knew it" (credit to President Weidmann for the two quotes)   

This week I felt my Heavenly Father's love VERY strongly. I also know that we can't try to do his work without His help. For example, Sister White and I were street contacting one day and really
not having success at all. Nobody wanted to stop and hear the sweet message we had to share and the people who did stop, didn't want to listen at all. We stopped and talked about why we weren't havingsuccess and we realized that we hadn't said a prayer before we started. I felt embarrassed that we had forgotten but grateful that we found a solution to the problem. We prayed and asked God where HE wanted us to go and asked for HIS help in finding those who are ready to hear about the Restored Gospel. We moved locations and as soon as we did, we had a LOT of success. There was a family that even stopped and talked to me for awhile and seemed really interested in meeting again. I know that God wanted us to learn a lesson that day and we did. You can't doHeavenly Father's work without His help.
       
This week we also had an awesome zone conference where we were all spiritually uplifted to say the least. President Weidmann and his wife are such amazing teachers and their words pierce your heart,
ALWAYS.  I know that they were called of God to serve here in Albania and I'm so thankful for all that they do and for their examples to us here in the Adriatic South Mission. I can't write all that they said but the lessons they taught, were meant to be heard.
       

Another cool thing, there was one day when Sister White and I did A LOT of street contacting and we got a lot of numbers and gave a bunch to the Elders. They called us that night and said that they hadset a goal to get 8 numbers every day of the week and they hadn't had a lot of time to do "finding" and guess how many numbers we had given them that day? 8! That was pretty cool to be apart of helping them reach their goal. God always provides a way.     

That was my week in a nutshell. I'm thankful as always to serve here in Tirana especially the Tirana 4th ward. The people here havechanged my life already. I'm thankful for my family and for the opportunity I had to talk to them yesterday. They are THE GREATEST and I am the luckiest girl in the world to have them in my life. I thank Heavenly Father for all the blessings that i have and all of the amazing people in my life. I AM SO BLESSED. I love you all and hope you all had an amazing Mothers day! Ju Duam SHUME. Until next week-
your motra
 
 
"this is Motra Tengu.  An Albanian missionary serving in Albania.  She is such a sweetheart and it has been
a pleasure serving around her this short amount of time.  She goes home tomorrow, but I'll always remember
her awesome example and sweet heart ♥"

" Guess who I got to see this week?? SISTER HOOVER!! My teacher
from the MTC came to Tirana ♥"

"Playing some Jenga during lunch.  I have the BEST district :)"


"Sister White and I got a watermelon, took it home, split it in half and ate almost the whole
thing in one sitting!! GET ER DONE!"

 

No comments:

Post a Comment