Albania ♥

Albania ♥

Monday, May 25, 2015

This week I learned a lot. I can honestly say that every week I learn something new about myself and life and God and how wonderful His plan is.
At the beginning of this week I was having a little bit of trouble. I was unsettled and I needed answers and comfort. The same thing that I tell all of my investigators popped into my head "You can find all the answers and receive comfort from the scriptures"
So this week that was one of my main focuses. The Scriptures. 
I had a testimony before about how powerful the Word of God is, but this week it definitely grew. As I was reading I was led to the exact verses, the stories, the comforting words that I was looking for. The "Word of God, which heals the wounded soul" (Jacob 2:8) Healed mine. I felt an automatic feeling of comfort as I read this week and I believe I received a lot of answers to my questions. Maybe they weren't exact answers like "Do this and say this and this will happen" but they were answers of comfort more like "no matter what happens I'm here for you" and I know that he is.
I don't want you all to think I had a bad week because I didn't:) I actually had a really good week In which a LOT of awesome things happened:) For one, Sister White and I have been trying harder to talk to EVERYONE as we walk, as we go to stores, and as we do regular things throughout the week because Its not just the people on the streets that just happen to be walking by when we are street contacting that need to hear about the Restored Gospel. I still cant say I am perfect at it, but we have been getting better at it and we have seen blessings come from it. By just deciding to say Hello to people we see, be have had a lot of awesome conversations and a lot of people who have been really interested. One lady that Sister White said Hello to on the way to a lesson, is now a new investigator and another lady that I had talked to invited us over for another day and wants us to teach her Granddaughter and Daughter also. I have seen blessings come from putting myself out of my comfort zone. I read In a talk the other day that "The Savior cares more about our growth than he cares about our comfort." To be quite honest, my whole mission has been out of my comfort zone. Always doing things that make me uncomfortable or nervous, but I know that there are a lot of more important things than being comfortable. This life isn't called "A Break" its called "A Test" Tests are supposed to be hard and they are supposed to push you. Like  our dear Thomas S. Monson said "As we survey the challenges of life, we see that that which is easy is rarely right" 
I have danced for years and years growing up. I don't remember the dances I learned or all the moves or what place I got when competing. I remember the hard days though. The days I stayed up late practicing and practicing for a dance I just COULDN'T get down. I remember wanting to give up lots of times and I remember having a dance teacher that pushed me SO HARD and when I wanted to give up and when I was passed my breaking point, she pushed me harder. I remember crying to my mom and begging to be done and she told me "She only pushes you so hard because she knows your potential. She knows how good you can be, but you cant get better if you give up" I know that's similar to how Heavenly Father works. He knows the potential we have and how good we can be. He doesn't take away our struggles, but he "gives us strength, understanding, and patience to bear the burdens placed up on us." WE CANT GIVE UP:) 
I know this to be true. I know that my Savior loves me. I know that my Heavenly Fathers wants me to grow and I'm thankful that he knows the potential we all have. I know that he will not leave us comfortless and I'm trying to be more grateful for the hard times that I have because they make me stronger. Like 2 Corinthians 12:9-10 says "And He said unto me, my grace is sufficient for thee; for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore I will rather glory in my infirmities that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distress for Christs sake, for when I am weak, then am I strong." 
I'm thankful for my Heavenly Father's love and for this work. I love my mission and I love this Gospel. Until next time, Me shume dashuri - Your Motra<3 
 
"PDAY FUN :) Work Hard, Play Hard"



"We went to see this famous church in Lac today.  Super beautiful and super cool:)"





"Selfies with Motra Bardhe...She thinks I'm weird, I know it haha"


"Had an exchange this week with Sister Dunn.  She is a stellar missionary
and super fun:)  Lunch with the Tirana 2nd ward sisters:)"


"It loves to rain at the most unexpected times here.  Props to this sister for
being a good sport as we got attacked with hail and rain after getting
locked out of our house (another story;) )"
 

No comments:

Post a Comment