Albania ♥

Albania ♥

Monday, May 4, 2015

BEST WEEK OF MY MISSION!


OK the caption is true in some ways, but I really do love every day of my mission for some reason or another. That doesn't mean its perfect, that doesn't mean I have success everyday, and that doesn't mean that I'm always in a perfectly positive mood. I've just come to learn and know that every day I learn something new that can help me become a better person and that is what I count as a  good day.

Ok... now I know you are all wondering "What was so awesome about this week?"
(or maybe not, I dont know haha) but either way....................................................................



FABIOLA WAS BAPTIZED AND CONFIRMED A MEMBER OF THE CHURCH OF
JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER DAY SAINTS!!  Like I talked about last week... this girl has got a special place in my heart and always will. Her baptism was the most beautiful service
I've ever seen. She showed up early and happier than I had ever seen her in the four months I've taught her. She was SO ready. As soon as Igot up to speak at her baptism I looked at her and I
almost lost it. I don't know how to describe what I felt that day and even if I could I don't think it would do it justice. It was beautiful. After someones baptismal service they usually have the convert get up and bear their testimony if they want to and Fabiola has stage fright so she told us she wasn't going to.  So we took it off of the program, but after she was baptized the Bishop asked her if she wanted to say something and I thought she was going to say No because she was so sure that she didn't want to before, but she stood up, walked up to the front and bore the most beautiful
testimony of Repentance and Baptism that I had ever heard. She cried, but they were definitely
happy tears of relief and joy and the spirit was SO STRONG in that room. People and other missionaries came up to her afterward to tell her thank you for bearing her testimony because it
really truly touched their hearts. One missionary even told us that his investigator had been struggling with feeling the spirit, but he felt it and recognized it for the first time that night. I'm not saying
this to make it sound like I'm bragging or had the best baptism.. because it wasn't me. I did nothing.
I just want you to all know that the Spirit and the power of the atonement CAN and DOES change people. I know that I didn't do anything to get Fabiola to this point of conversion. It was all Heavenly Father. I'm just grateful that I was able to witness it. I can already see the change in her just in the
couple days she has been baptized. There truly is a light and a spirit with you after baptism and the Holy Ghost truly is the most wonderful gift. I'm thankful for the atonement and for the opportunity we have as imperfect people to become clean from sin. I'm thankful that my brother Jesus Christ sacrificed and suffered for me and for all of us. As I have been reading more about this sacrifice and studying how much he really truly suffered for us, I am humbled beyond belief. I can't even
fully grasp the pain he went through, but I know that because of Him we can begin again and try harder each day to become the people we are meant to become. I'm thankful for missionary work and for the opportunity I have to teach the people of Albania this beautiful plan. 

I love you all and I am so thankful for your support and love. S/O to my cute little brother who has his birthday coming up this week and also to the best dad in the world. Give them hugs for me if you see them. Also to all the moms out there... HAPPY MOMMAS DAY this week,  especially to my mom who does so much for me and supports me everyday.  I LOVE YOU!!  Have a good week.
Me dashuri- your Motra


"SO MUCH LOVE!! ♥♥♥"


"This is what the moon looks like from Albania.. just in case you were wondering :)"
 

No comments:

Post a Comment