Albania ♥

Albania ♥

Monday, October 5, 2015

Love from Prishtina♥

So I have arrived safely in Kosovo :) We had a long drive Tuesday night and started working on Wednesday!   Prishtina is AMAZING. It's very different from Tirana Albania, but I love it already:) I've already met some amazing people here and I cant wait to serve around them. 
    The work here is different and the Church is pretty new here. (It's only been here for about 5 years) But the active members we have are AMAZING. They are super strong and have some awesome strong testimonies. We also have a couple people from the military in our ward and it's super fun! It's also been awesome working with Sister Fuller. We've always gotten along great since the MTC. We would do role plays together in the MTC and now we're doing the real thing together! Who would have thought??:)  Shes a great missionary and has the biggest heart so it has been great:) I'm kënaqin.
    We've already seen some awesome tender mercies from the Lord as always:) No matter where you are they will always be there. 
    I know that Heavenly Father answers prayers. 
There was one night where me and Sister Fuller were coming home from a lesson on the other side of town. Apparently we can usually catch a bus at that time but every bus that came by was not the one we needed. Bus after bus, as the minutes passed. It was getting late too and we needed to get to the house.  We decided to call a taxi and waited some more. We were both getting pretty anxious and then I had a feeling we needed to say a prayer.  So right there we stopped and I talked to my Heavenly Father and the second I finished we looked up and there was the Taxi. I know that everything was falling through for a reason and I think the main reason was to test our faith so Heavenly Father could prove to us again that he DOES answer our prayers. 
    Yesterday we had another awesome experience with prayer also. We had planned for a lesson but unfortunately that fell through.  We decided to go see this lady that we had met on the stairs of our apartment. She had told us to come over any time but when we tried calling her phone it didn't go through so we decided we would go tracting in our own building until we came across her house. haha We had a pretty good idea about which floor she was on (either the one above us or below) so we tried the one below us first. We got to that floor and I felt the need to say a prayer because there was no way we were going to find them without Heavenly Fathers help. I began to say the prayer and after I said the words "Heavenly Father, We need thy help" in that very second the woman walked out of her apartment. I don't know why but she came out.. AT THAT VERY SECOND. She was ecstatic to see us and invited us in and we had a lesson with her and another 6 of her family members. 
     Another cool thing about yesterday: We had a lesson with this new lady in our ward. She is from America and is here teaching English for a year. She doesn't know Albanian but luckily we know English;) Anyway, she seemed to be having a hard time adjusting to life in a foreign country.  We had set a plan to go and visit her this week, but as we were saying another prayer we had a prompting that we needed to go see her that night, so we did. We went over not really having a perfect well put together lesson planned but decided the Spirit would lead the lesson and it did 100%. We shared experiences.  Sister Fuller and I talked about the lesson after and how we could literally see a difference in the way she had looked after the lesson.  I don't think we had realized how bad she needed the lesson or how bad we did.  But I do  know it was supposed to be at that exact time. We even ran into her today and she stopped and told us how much she really needed that lesson and how much more at peace she felt with things after. 
     The work here is different here in Prishtina.  Like I said, it is a little more difficult to get lessons and investigators because the people just have a different mentality.  So this week was spent doing a lot more proselyting than I'm used to. Sister Fuller and I had both decided that we need to do more for Heavenly Father if we want those miracles he has promised us.  So we made a list of things we could do to push even harder to be better. We made some sacrifices and I know that those miracles and tender mercies we witnessed this week were a result of it. 
I know that he sees us, he loves us, and he cares for us. I know that this work is HIS. 
D&C 64:33
"Wherefore, be not weary in well-doing, for ye are laying the foundation of a great work. And out of small things proceedeth that which is great" 

I love being a missionary:) I am happy, I am healthy, and I am safe. I love you all and I hope you have a fantastic week. 

PS:  Please read this talk. you wont regret it. I read it this week and felt that I needed to share it:) 
Tung


"KOSOVOOOO ♥"


"My new apartment"


"Role plays with Sister Fuller"

"Smoothies in the morning"

"I love my companion!"


"Sister Fuller ♥"


"See that little spec?? That's me! :)"

"This is a library!"

"Bye bye Sis Z :/ i love you"

"Our cute ward member ♥ I love her already"

"One of the sisters left a guitar here so I pretended to know how to play it."

"Elders.  Meet our Zone Leaders and District Leader"

No comments:

Post a Comment