Albania ♥

Albania ♥

Monday, January 25, 2016

How Great Thou Art

This week was crazy and amazing. I can see the Lord's hand in the work here in Kosovo and in my life every day.  He is definitely aware of all of us and he answers our prayers.
     This week we had an awesome opportunity to see the Missionary Broadcast shown to all missionaries around the world. My heart was touched and I'm thankful that the Spirit was able to teach me the things I needed to learn and how I can be a better missionary. It's all about progressing and trying to be better so I love when the Spirit teaches me what my investigators need and how I can best help them.  We set goals as a mission and we were all pretty excited about it all and the blessings that will come from it.   
     While President Weidmann was in town my companion and I had the privilege of having him help us in one of our lessons.  It was amazing to be able to testify with him and my companion about the restored gospel and the power of the Book of Mormon. 
      On Sunday President Weidmann gave an amazing talk in church which really helped me. The Spirit was so strong to me and I was able to feel my Heavenly Fathers love for me which is a feeling that can't be replaced. I couldn't help but start crying from the happiness and comfort that I felt. It can't really be explained.
      I know that Heavenly Father works hand in hand with us and I know the importance of spiritual preparation so that he can help us in every way possible. My companion and I had been preparing all week for a lesson we were going to have with our investigator. We knew that the lesson was going to need to be guided by the Spirit.  We also knew that we had to be ready to be the messengers of the message that Heavenly Father wanted this daughter to hear. As we fasted and prayed we were able to feel comfort in knowing that everything was going to work out. As we got into the lesson we discovered how much Heavenly Father had also been preparing her to receive this lesson. The lesson went better than we could even begin to imagine and she is now on her way to Baptism. Since that lesson she has been turning to the Book of Mormon and prayer for the strength she needs to overcome trials in her life.  I can already see the atonement making a HUGE difference in her life. The most special part of the lesson was when we knelt  in prayer to close. After the prayer her eyes filled with tears and she just wanted to hug us. She told us that she felt it was going to be okay and she felt "relieved and something warm inside her" she was worried at first and said "Is this normal?!" we laughed and explained that it was the Holy Ghost comforting her and that was when she decided she never wanted that feeling to go away. 
      I know how she feels. The happiness I have been able to feel on my mission, I never want to go away.  When someone you love, pray for, and work everyday for begins to make changes in their life to become closer to their Heavenly Father, a happiness comes that you cant explain. I'm thankful that I am able to have the Holy Ghost as my constant companion. I know that I am never alone. 



"Me and my cute Fatime ♥ Happy 26th birthday!
I love you :)"

"Pretty excited about our new home!"


"We did some moving this week.  The Hydricks moved to Gjakova so we
got to move in.  Not the same without the Hydricks though...."



No comments:

Post a Comment