Albania ♥

Albania ♥

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

"Zion everywhere is growing As the Gospel Light it Spread"

"We can say we believe in Christ as we believe in the sun at noon day, not that we can see it, but that by it, we can see everything else." 
C.S. Lewis

     I can't say I have ever seen my Heavenly Father or Jesus Christ but I can tell you with full assurance that I know that they live. I can say this because of the amazing miracles I've seen and because of the experiences I've had on my mission. I can see them in the lives of the people around me.  I can feel the love they have for me every time I am teaching and testifying to others about the love and mercy that they have for every person here on the Earth. Heavenly Father loved us enough to send his Son to die for the sins, pains and sadness of the world while Jesus Christ loves us enough to be our advocate, to teach us, and to show us the way to eternal life.
     We had a lesson with a new friend yesterday where we were able to talk about her and the things she has been through in her life that have lead her to this point.  It was so apparent to me the role that Heavenly Father has played in her life. She comes from a family not really connected with the religious side of things, yet by her experiences she has had she is unable to see how there couldn't be an all powerful, supreme being up above.  She found it actually very interesting that all she has to do to know the truth of all things is to ask God through prayer. I guess since I've been praying my whole life I had overlooked the simplicity of things.  Just pray to know the truth, just read to receive guidance in life, just be baptized to be cleansed from all your sins and mistakes, and just keep his commandments to receive eternal life.  It's so plain and simple and sometimes we make it so hard. 
     We talked about testimonies in Relief Society today and how we get them.  Sister Weidmann shared that it's all through action. WE cant get a testimony of the Book of Mormon if we don't read it. We cant gain a testimony of pray or fasting or church attendance when we don't pray, fast, and attend church.  I can say that most of the testimony that I have today has come from my mission because I have been acting and living the Gospel more than I have my entire life.
     It all comes to action, big or small. One different decision and I wouldn't be here on my mission and my faith and testimony wouldn't be where it is today.  That scares me to think about.  I'm thankful for the invitation Heavenly Father gives us everyday to act.  To pray or not to pray and it makes the biggest difference.
     I know that if my new friend decides to pray she WILL receive the answer she is looking for and one small action like that can change her life.
     "This much I do know, that the Lord God hath power to do all things according to his Word" 

"My companion is the greatest.  Beqir is pretty cool too :)
Best ward mission leader!"


"Just Valle dancing over here in Kosovo ♥ at our
combined activity with the Gjakova branch.


"Gjakova with Sister Fuller. ♥ hahahaha"


"Look at these beautiful Sisters I get to work with!"


"Jumpin for joy!"

No comments:

Post a Comment