Albania ♥

Albania ♥

Monday, June 29, 2015

Okay... The moment you have all been waiting for.... (more like the moment I have been waiting for haha) 
TRANSFERS! We got the call on Saturday that Sister Peters is going to Gjakova (Kosovo) and I'm staying in Tirana and TRAINING. 
I didn't think my voice showed my emotions at the time but I guess I wasn't too sneaky because President said "Is that alright Sister Cheshire?" hahaha 
I was just in shock, but I AM excited. I am a little nervous to train but I know that this is where I am supposed to be for the next 3 months. I don't know who I am training yet and I don't think President does until they get here on Wednesday, but I know Heavenly Father does, so all will be well:) 
I know that I have been in Tirana for 6 months already and the fact that I am staying another 3 (half my mission)  was a little crazy to me, but the more people I meet here the happier I am to be staying. I have met some AMAZING people that I cant imagine leaving so I guess its a good thing I don't have to yet;) 
Here is a little shpjegim about my week this week:
So we have this recent convert that moved from Lushnije to Tirana and we wanted to meet with her.  When we did she had brought her cousin so we of course invited her cousin to listen. The lesson ended being more directed towards her (the cousin) and at the end we invited her to be baptized and she said "You know, I've actually been looking for a way that I could gain a stronger relationship with God. Its something I've really been wanting lately and I think this is it. This is how. Yes I want to be baptized." IT WAS FANTASIC. Its still so amazing to me how Heavenly Father provides a way for all of His children and prepares them to hear the Gospel. 
Now about Anxhelina.  Anxhelina is a woman that Sister Peters has been teaching for about a month now. She accepted everything and has wanted to be baptized super bad but she couldn't find a way to come to church... Last week she finally came for the first time and she said now that she is prepared to always find some way to get there.  I wasn't there this week for church because I was in Durres for choir but Sister Peters said she came in a hurry and said that she didn't get permission from her boss to leave so she just left on her own. haha  It makes me so happy that she realized how important partaking of the sacrament is that she was willing to risk her job for it.  Now we just have to get her keeping the Sabbath day holy right?? ;) She's amazing though.  Sister Peters and I also had a really special experience with a member this week that I will remember the rest of my life. Being a missionary is awesome!
That was the main events of my week, but I'll leave you with a quote that has made me a little more optimistic and brought a lot of comfort to me lately. I think we can all apply it to our lives somehow because lets be honest... we all have these days.
 
"When in situations of stress we wonder if there is any more in us to give, we can be comforted to know that God, who knows our capacity perfectly, placed us here to succeed. No one was foreordained to fail or to be wicked.  When we have been weighed and found wanting, let us remember that we were measured before and we were found equal to our tasks; and, therefore, let us continue, but with a more determined discipleship. When we feel overwhelmed, let us recall the assurance that God will not over program us; he will not press us more than we can bear."
- Neal A. Maxwell. 
 
I know this is true.You can do it. I love you all. 
Me dashuri, until next week
- Your Motra 
"Look who came to Tirana today ♥ So good to see my Motra Qosja again :)"

"Keqja family.  Words can't describe the love that I have for this family♥"


"This is my angel Franklin.  I'm taking him home with me ;)♥"



"My girl Marjana♥"

"Fjorela and her cousin and sister...AMAZING PEOPLE♥"

 

 


"These boys ♥"
"Marku didn't want me in the picture obviously..."


"We painted a house for service this week and had a little too much fun :)"

"We had mission conference so of course we had to
take a picture with the MTC group♥ Good times.."



"Sister Riley, Sister Bezas, and Sister Pierce. LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM!"



"Had to take a pic with my old Tirana 4th ward district.  Miss them tons.  Good old T4 :)"

"Hey...I'm in Albania akoma"

"Here are some pics that we took a couple weeks ago that I just got :) Up at Kruje♥




No comments:

Post a Comment